So it’s been a busy couple of days at work, but it’s Friday.  Yea!

Mike heard back from UW TV, and they’re willing to give him a part-time job and then if he learns a lot and essentially proves himself they’ll give him more work.  He’s starting out at 20 hours a week.  Honestly, that might be a blessing in disguise.  That still gives him time to work on music, and he’ll be working five days a week in the afternoons, so he has some time to change around his third shift schedule since he doesn’t have to start getting up at 7am every day.  AND he’ll be working in a much more audio-focused industry than he’s ever done before!  So that’s all good.  We’re excited, even though it will be nice when he has benefits and stuff like that again.  The other nice thing about the UW TV job is that Mike can take a bus to get there because it’s only about five miles away.  At some point we’ll probably get bikes, but for now the bus works.  Not having a car really does save money.

Yesterday night Mike and I went to Paddy Coyne’s, the Irish pub near our house.  The owner Paddy Coyne was there with his old, adorable dog.  The dog is big and shaggy and reminds me of my grandparent’s dog when I was growing up named Scamper.  Anyway Paddy Coyne’s dog is just adorable, and he sits on a bar stool next to Paddy Coyne and people fuss over him and pet him.  It’s a dog’s life.  🙂  (In Seattle anyway!).  It’s always relaxing going to Paddy Coyne’s because it’s always packed full of people talking and laughing and there’s Irish fiddle music playing in the background.  We didn’t stay out too late, because I had to work today and I was tired, but it was still fun and relaxing.

Tomorrow night Mike and I are going to see the concert by my favorite French singer.  Yea!  I’m excited about seeing her live in concert!  Very fun!  I wish I spoke French (or at least understood French) better, since all her songs are in French.  Oh well… eventually I’ll get there if I just make some time to dedicate to French!

Piper has been very playful lately but right now she’s predictably asleep on the very top of her kitty condo.  She just loves that kitty condo.  🙂  Yesterday morning she started coughing up a hairball, so I grabbed a folded up paper bag and stuck it under her mouth.  She hacked up right over the paper bag which made cleanup a breeze.  🙂  She didn’t like it at all that I stuck something under her mouth, but I petted her and told her she was a good kitten afterwards, so I think she got over being mad at me.  🙂  Looks like I should brush her this weekend!

Off to get ready for work!  It’ll be a busy day today!


Leave a comment

Filed under Life in Seattle

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s