Let’s see… thankful things.
1. I’m thankful that although it’s been rainy most of the week, somehow it hasn’t been rainy during my runs. As eager as I am to live up to the name of this blog, I’m totally fine with running on some non-rainy days.
2. I’m thankful for Mike’s and my fun time at Paddy Coynes Wednesday night working on code. (I’m sure everyone else is thankful that they weren’t working on code last night… so there you go… I’ve given you all something to be thankful for in case you were running low on ideas!)
3. I’m thankful for Piper. She’s kind of mischievous, but I love her anyway. This morning I got into the shower and when I peered out a couple minutes into my shower, there was Piper crouched on the bath mat. I smiled at her and threw my hair tie out on the bathroom floor so that I could wash my hair. Piper didn’t pounce at it, but she watched it very intently. By the time I got out of the shower ten minutes later, both Piper and the hair tie were gone. I searched for the hair tie around the apartment but couldn’t find it anywhere. Apparently Piper batted it under the stove or someplace like that. Is it any wonder I’m always looking for a hair tie? I dug two of her little mousies out from under the bed for her this morning, so now she can bat at them instead of my hair ties. Hopefully. 🙂
4. I’m thankful that I had yoga class last night. My muscles were all tense from running, and I needed to get them loosened up before my long run this weekend! I may take another yoga class after work today… I haven’t decided yet.
5. I’m thankful that it’s FALL! The season where I shuffle through dry, crackling brown leaves on my way to work. And the pastries in the coffee shops have a pumpkin theme (i.e. pumpkin bread, donuts with pumpkin-cream cheese frosting, etc). And Whole Foods has giant crates of pumpkins outside of the store. They actually have a whole crate of something called a ‘ghost pumpkin’ too that’s all white. It looks so cool! I would definitely get one and ask Mike to carve a face in it for me… except that I don’t have anywhere to put it in my apartment. Anyway, it’s a lovely season, and I’m glad it’s here! 🙂
How about anyone else… anything you’re especially thankful for?
Mike has been making progress on the issue at work he’s been working on, but he hasn’t been working very much on music. He’s planning to do a lot of that this weekend though.
Anyone else? Plans for the weekend?