Wow. This week is already flying by. I can’t believe it’s already Thursday night!
I stopped by Whole Foods on the way home from work tonight to get ingredients to make both Mike and me dinner this weekend. It’s always so nice to have the ingredients on hand! That makes cooking worlds easier!
It’s been a chilly week here in Seattle! Temperatures have been in the mid to high 40’s during the day, and the leaves are turning color and falling. Fall has arrived with a vengeance! We haven’t actually had much rain yet, though, so that’s great!
I also realized today with a shock that my marathon in Las Vegas is only one month away. How crazy is that??? It seems like I was just starting my training program a couple weeks ago! Time flies when you’re having fun. Well, either that, or else it just flies anyway. Not sure about that one. 😉 I’m excited to run the marathon and excited to see Lia… it’s been way too long since I’ve been to Las Vegas to see her and Linda! 🙂
Anyway, I’ll stop rambling and list out some thankful Thursday things to get everyone else in the mood to think of things they’re thankful for!
1. I’m thankful that in another week and a half I’ll have all my long and hard runs done for marathon training, and I’ll just be tapering and gradually shortening my distances for the remaining couple of weeks.
2. I’m thankful for my spicy pumpkin chili recipe. Pumpkins + chili have to be two of the most iconic fall foods… so how much better can you get than to combine both foods into a single meal? The recipe I use is fantastic too… if anyone’s interested in it, just let me know and I’ll post it here.
3. I’m thankful that Mike is so intelligent. Sometimes you just need to talk to someone who is as logical and non-biased as possible. And Mike definitely fits that bill better than anyone else I’ve ever met. He is SO German!
4. I’m thankful for the half moon out tonight. I saw it walking home from work… the moon was in front of me and the space needle was behind me. And there was a gorgeous light breeze blowing yellow leaves down to the ground. It’s a pretty awesome night. 🙂
5. I’m thankful that Piper has been snuggling up next to me in bed now that it’s gotten so much colder outside. She pretty much stays glued to my side the entire night. She’s so little and furry… I love having her next to me! 🙂
6. I’m thankful that Mike and I have absolutely nothing on our schedules this weekend, and that even my long run is only 12 miles. It needs to be a weekend of relaxing, reading, cooking chicken casserole and pumpkin chili, and perhaps a Paddy Coynes visit (since we haven’t actually been there in about three weeks).
7. I’m thankful to be able to hear low, muffled sounds of the traffic on I-5 from my apartment. It’s really the perfect white noise to lull me to sleep.
And speaking of sleep… I think that’s where Piper and I are headed. 🙂 How about everyone else? Is anyone thankful for anything special?